WyndyMilla has various events & trips that we focus on throughout the year.
We will highlight the key events, club rides & trips on this page. Please also regularly check our Twitter & Facebook pages for updates and information about all other events as the season progresses.
NB: If you are participating in an event, social or trip that you think WyndyMilla should focus on, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will upload it to this page.
Lanzarote Winter 2014: (events & trips)
After a great success with our 2011, 2012 & 2013 camps, WyndyMilla are pleased to announce our 2014 WyndyMilla Winter Training Camp.
Where: Club La Santa, Lanzarote. www.clublasanta.co.uk
When: January 2nd to January 16th.
Who: All ability levels.
* The 2014 WyndyMilla winter training camp is running from the 3rd to 17th Jan 2013. 23 degree heat, quiet roads, and only a 3hr 45 flight away. It will boost your endurance to a level it has never been before.
* Club La Santa, is a purpose built complex for active people, we’ve lost count of how many times we’ve been, it is a real home from home. There is a running track, gym, tennis courts, 50m pool, leisure pool, supermarket, restaurants, perfect training terrain etc etc etc.
* The plan; if you want to start 2014 with a bang, and strip off back down to jersey & shorts, you can book yourself an apartment at Club La Santa and sign up to the Andy Cook bike weeks which cater for all levels of ability.
* The apartments at Club La Santa are no frills, but clean & efficiently run. Jensen Button, Colin Jackson & James Cracknell amongst many others cope every year so I think we’ll survive. They start from about £615 for a week, for economy it is possible to share 3 ways – we can match you up! Flights if you book early are about £100. So it could be around £300 all in if you share.
* Booking for apartments is through Sports Tours, although you will normally find the best flights if you search yourself. If you want to make a lsat minute booking we can see if we can pool you in an apartment with other WM riders to save some ££££’s. Let us know!
* The riding is great, good road surfaces, real diversity and all the Brits that earn Lanzarote its unfair nickname ‘Grotty’, are bused into two resorts on the other side of the island, so the roads are very quiet.
* After a week or two in Lanzarote you will come back fit, lean, suntanned & ready to take on the world. What a refreshing state to return from a holiday in!
* Please feel free to call or email if you think you may be in anyway interested. Club La Santa is great fun & the perfect spot to rub shoulders with lots of other like-minded folk & athletes from recreational to top international pros. I hope you will join us.
More trips coming soon!